Temperatures this August in Washington, DC have reached record highs.
Anyone who’s anyone has decamped to Martha’s Vineyard.
That means restaurateurs are trying to fill their tables by offering fixed price menu specials: $22 for lunch, and $35 for dinner.
Over 260 restaurants in DC, Maryland, and Virginia are participating in DC Restaurant Week, which runs from August 15 – 21, 2016. It’s a good opportunity to try some of the region’s highly acclaimed (and expensive) restaurants. Several that are tempting me include:
- Del Campo — Latin American in Penn Quarter
- Dino’s Grotto — Italian in Shaw
- Jaleo — Spanish in Penn Quarter
- Oyamel — Mexican in Penn Quarter
- Rasika — Indian in Penn Quarter
- Zaytinya — Mediterranean in Penn Quarter
Restaurant Week at Ford’s Fish Shack
We snagged a great deal at a fabulous seafood restaurant in Loudoun County: Ford’s Fish Shack.
A choice of three fixed price specials are offered at lunch and at dinner during restaurant week.
Naturally, we chose the “Eat Like a Mainer” lunch special for $22.
- Jalapeno corn muffins
- Cup of clam chowder
- Hot lobster roll with butter and garlic
- Cold lobster roll in mayo
- Shoestring French fries
- Blueberry pie with cinnamon ice cream