I’m done with Resturants.com. I gave up on Entertainment Book a long time ago.
But there are still a couple of dining discount programs that I keep an eye on.
The first is the Dining Rewards Network, that allows you to earn miles or cash back for dining at certain restaurants and paying with a registered credit card.
The second is Groupon.
Of these two programs, Groupon definitely offers the better deals, because you can get as much as half off. The Dining Rewards Network is better for earning a few extra frequent flyer miles to keep your account active.
I find that there are still a few quality seafood restaurants in both these programs in the Northern Virginia area.
Case in Point: The Dining Rewards Network
- Tara Thai in Herndon, Virginia: This restaurant consistently serves delicious food, beautifully presented, including many fresh fish and seafood options. Highly recommended. The prices are reasonable, too.
- Clydes of Tysons Corner: See my review here.
Groupon: A Date Night Deal
The Ice House Cafe, Herndon, VA: There are a few local gems in “downtown” Herndon that have stood the test of time. The Ice House Cafe is one of the few joints around with an oyster bar, and live jazz on the weekends.
- $17 for one dozen oysters or clams and two soups of the day or house salads, valid Monday–Thursday (up to a $35.90 value);
- $17 for one dozen oysters or clams and two soups of the day or house salads, valid Friday or Saturday (up to a $35.90 value);
- $24 for two dozen oysters or clams, valid Monday–Thursday (up to a $48 value); or
- $24 for two dozen oysters or clams, valid Friday or Saturday (up to a $48 value).
Be sure to read the fine print: Expires 90 days after purchase. Limit 1 per person, and 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Dine-in only. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Not valid for alcohol. Not valid during happy hour. Valid only with house salads and soup of the day; may upgrade for an additional fee.
If you live in the Reston/Herndon area, the Ice House Cafe is a great date night destination, especially at half off!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks if you choose to use them!