Well I’ll be darned if there isn’t another well-hidden discount program for people who hold Visa credit cards.
Introducing the Visa Offers Program
The Visa Offers program offers 70 distinct deals for holders of the Visa personal credit cards.
There are cash discounts and/or upgrades offered on shopping, dining, car rentals, hotels and entertainment.
You just need to go to the Visa Offers webpage to peruse the offers and see the special terms. Many of the offers require you to click through to the merchant’s site and use a special promo code.
Special Savings for Visa Cardholders
Any Visa-branded personal credit card can be used with this deal. Examples include the United MileagePlus Explorer card, the Chase Freedom card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards card, the The Priceline Rewards Visa® Card, The WyndhamRewards® Visa Signature® Card, The Choice Privileges® Visa® Card, and many others.
Here are some examples of the savings you will find.
There are discounts available for hotels in New York, Chicago, London, San Francisco, Hawaii, Paris, and other top destinations when you use your Visa card to book and pay for a stay.
- Stay 3 nights or longer in an ocean view or oceanfront room at the Royal Lahaina Resort on Kaanapali Beach on Maui or the Royal Kona Resort on Hawaii’s big island and get a $25 daily food and beverage credit per room.
- Radisson Blu Edwardian hotels in the U.K. (including the May Fair Hotel) offer up to 20 percent off stays and a complimentary room upgrade.
- Upscale Raffles Hotels & Resorts in Singapore, Cambodia, the Philippines, China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles and Paris offer daily breakfast for two, room upgrades, and late check-out.
- Select Hilton Worldwide hotels in New York City offer 15 percent off the best available rate.
- Save 10 percent off the best available rate plus breakfast for two at over 150 participating Preferred Hotel Group properties around the world.
- Book a Premier View Category room at the Parc 55 Wyndham in San Francisco and receive 20 percent off your room rate.
- Swissôtel Chicago offers a complimentary room upgrade, late check-out, and a free ride from Uber car service.
Discounts on Legoland
Use your Visa card and receive 20% off single-day tickets to LEGOLAND® in Florida and California, as well as LEGOLAND® Discovery Centers in Dallas, Chicago, Kansas City, Atlanta, Westchester, New York and Toronto.
Discounts on Car Rentals and SuperShuttle
- National Car Rental offers up to 25 percent off and a free weekend day when you rent a compact through full-size car in the U.S. and pay with your Visa card. In the U.K., you can up to 30 percent and up to 10 percent off for the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Auto Europe offers savings of 5 percent, or book 5 days of car rental and receive your 6th and 7th day free.
- Avis offers up to 20 percent savings on “qualifying rentals at participating locations” in the U.S., Canada, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, Mexico, and the Middle East.
- Receive a 10 percent discount on SuperShuttle airport transportation.
Charge Your Designer Clothing Purchases on Your Visa Card and Save Big Bucks
- Save 10 percent off your entire purchase at Tommy Hilfiger stores.
- Save $60 on a purchase of $150, or $25 off $75, at New York & Company.
- Take $30 off any purchase of $150 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH
- Get $10 off purchases of $50 or more at IZOD Outlet stores.
- Take $20 off a purchase of $100 or more when you shop online or by phone at Chicos.com.
Use Your Visa Card to Save on Pizza!
- Save $10 off two pastas or entrées at Buca di Beppo.
- Save 25 percent when you order online at PapaJohns.com.
- Get $5 off orders of $25 or more at PizzaHut.com.
Save Up to $600 on a Royal Caribbean Cruise
Enjoy Royal Caribbean savings valued up to $600 when you pay with your Visa card:
- Up to $200 onboard spending credit.
- Passport to Savings coupon book ($300 value).
- Savings of up to $200 per stateroom.
- Free prepaid gratuities (up to a $326.20 value per couple).
- Complimentary dinner for two in a specialty restaurant.
- Complimentary spa treatment.
What’s the Hitch
There are several possible downsides:
- If you use the discounts offered by Visa Offers, you cannot earn points or cash back from an online shopping portal.
- You may not be eligible to earn loyalty points through the hotel or car rental program.
- You need to tread carefully to make sure you are really getting the best deal. There may be better discounts available, particularly on car rentals and hotel rooms.
Most current offers are good through June 30, 2014.
You can go to the Visa Offers website to read the fine print of any offers that catch your eye.
Click here to compare current rewards credit card offers.