Lonely Planet Travel Guides are among the best, so whenever there’s an offer for a free download, I try to take advantage. The Apple iTunes bookstore is offering free downloads of a number of Lonely Planet guidebooks, including several specialty guides to travel in Britain.
The best free guides include:
- Recession-Busting Britain — Best Free Experiences
- Culture Vulture Britain — Best Cultural Experiences
- Tasty Britain — Best Eating Experiences
- Ye Olde Britain — Best Historical Experiences
- Mini Britain Britain– Best Experiences for Kids
These guidebooks to England, Scotland and Wales are full length 100+ page books, though there is a fair amount of overlap between them. A number of the other books are merely teasers for the full-priced version of the guidebook. Hat tip to Miles From Blighty.
The USA Best Trips free book includes excerpts on road trips to three regions — the Pacific Coast Highway, Highway 101 Oregon Coast, and Coastal New England.
One other full-featured free book worth mentioning is Discover the Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel.