With another snowstorm headed to the East Coast, you may be dreaming about your next tropical getaway.
Just in time, from Lonely Planet: Warm Weather Escapes: A travel guide for finding the perfect winter getaway.
This ebook, published in February 2014, is available free for Kindle from Amazon, or for iBooks from iTunes.
I love to peruse these free Lonely Planet guides when I have a long wait or commute.
Turquoise seas, white-sand beaches, palm trees and fruity drinks – all the ingredients for a dreamy, tropical getaway. So – how to choose?
- World map and comparison chart to help you decide on your destination
- Preview of selected favorites – Thailand, Costa Rica, Mexico, Hawaii, Los Angeles & Southern California, Florida, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Jamaica
- Highlights – the top activities and recommendations
- ‘Best for…’ snapshot featuring what’s great about each location
- Spectacular images to inspire
Need some more inspiration? How about Lonely Planet’s Travel Resolutions: 52 New Ways to Experience Planet Earth.
Paraglide in South Africa; rock climb in China; sleep in a tree-house on Canada’s Vancouver Island; take a cooking course in Jordan or a flower-arranging course in Kyoto; go clubbing in Berlin; and much more.
- Get inspired – highlights, expert suggestions, and gorgeous photos help you choose your ideal trip
- Insider insights – hidden gems that most guidebooks miss will lead you to a richer and more rewarding travel experience
- Discover more – actively engage with the world via a wide variety of suggested activities, including swimming around the Greek Islands, practicing yoga in India, learning Spanish in Argentina, rafting or kayaking in New Zealand, detoxing in Brazil, studying Tibetan culture in China, witnessing the Northern Lights in Alaska, scuba diving in Belize, falling in love all over again in Venice, and hunting Dracula in Transylvania