It’s April, and that means tax time. This year, we took advantage of an unbelievable, limited time offer from TurboTax.
If you purchase the tax preparation program from Amazon.com before January 25, 2014, you can get ten percent on top of your federal tax refund, when you file with TurboTax and use some (or all) of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com gift card from TurboTax.
Use some (or all) of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card** and TurboTax will tack on up to an extra 10%—so $500 could become $550.
The Amazon.com gift card offer is for federal tax refunds only.
Limits apply: $2000 per e-card, maximum $10,000 per customer.
Here are the details:
- Use some (or all) of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card** and Turbo Tax will tack on a bonus
- The remainder of your refund will be deposited to your bank account
- As soon as your refund is received, TurboTax will email you your Amazon.com Gift Card claim code
- Receive an extra 5% with TurboTax Basic – So $500 would become $525
- Receive an extra 10% with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business – So $500 would become $550
- TurboTax Business is not eligible for this offer
What’s amazing about this offer is that the limits are so high — $2,000 per e-card, $10,000 per customer. As the ad copy below says, 10 percent is more than your savings account pays in interest!
I and most people would prefer to receive their income tax refund in cash. This year, I will have to give careful consideration to how much I am likely to spend at Amazon.com and whether the 10 percent bonus is worthwhile.
This is the time of year when office supply stores often bundle tax software with free software. So readers, is this a good deal, or not?
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks if you choose to use them.