Washington, DC is blessed with so many interesting museums that the exhibitions and programs at the National Archives may not be on your radar.
We visited recently for a screening of the animated shorts that had been nominated for the Oscars, one of many free film events offered regularly.
The updated Archives Museum is an interactive display that brings the Archives to life.
Twice a year, the Archives invites 8-12 year olds to participate in a sleepover in the Archives Rotunda. Pretty cool!
Celebrate July 4th with a Trip to DC
The contest prize includes flights, three nights in a hotel, and dinner at one of DC’s hottest new restaurants. (Check out the Japanese-themed spring menu here!)
The contest winner will receive:
- Round-trip airfare for four on Southwest Airlines
- Three night stay at a local hotel
- Three course tasting menu for four people at Derek Brown’s Columbia Room
- Membership in the National Archives Foundation
- VIP experience on July 4th at the National Archives
- Private tour of the National Archives Museum
- July 4th gift basket, courtesy of the National Archives Store, including a facsimile of the Declaration of Independence
I don’t often post about contests, but this one seems to have pretty good odds.
The last day to enter the contest is June 10, 2016.
Read the Terms and Conditions here.