Here’s a contest that caught my eye, mostly because of the chance to ride the brand new Capital Wheel.
The Maryland Office of Tourism is running a sweepstakes for a staycation at National Harbor, right on the Potomac River in Prince George’s County.
National Harbor is a multi-use riverfront development with outlet shopping, dining, entertainment and lodging.
I call this a staycation sweepstakes, because it includes hotel, meals, and entertainment, but not plane fare to Washington, DC.
Enter the National Harbor Summer Getaway sweepstakes by June 25, 2014, for a chance to win this prize package:
- Gaylord National Resort Hotel & Convention Center: Two night stay in a standard guest room.
- National Harbor Dining Entertainment Card:
valid at any National Harbor restaurant or entertainment location. Gift card value $200.
- Tanger Outlet Gift Card: Gift card for $100.
- Boating in DC: Two one-hour rentals of a single or double kayak, canoe or stand-up paddleboard.
- The Capital Wheel at National Harbor: Four tickets.
In addition, the grand prize includes four offers from the Potomac Riverboat Company:
- Two VIP boarding passes (each pass admits two): Alexandria – National Harbor Water Taxi;
- Four VIP vouchers: National Mall Water Taxi;
- Four VIP boarding passes: George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens Cruise;
- Four VIP vouchers: Washington Monuments Cruise.
I entered this contest. I think it would be a blast to stay on the other side of the Beltway and get around via water taxi for a couple of days. Does it tempt you?